How Coaches Find Clients Online
At a recent networking meeting Jana asked for a recommendation for a public speaking coach. She was starting to speak in front of audiences, and wanted to polish her presentation skills a bit. Before anyone else got a chance to reply, Elise jumped in to recommend her coach, Kelly. "I have been working with Kelly for two months, and I have already seen results from working with her. I am much more confident during my presentations, and I see that my audience is more engaged and more responsive. She is great; I will e-mail you her contact information later today."
Later that day I spoke with Elise about Kelly. Elise has always been interested in public speaking, so when she heard about Kelly about a year ago, she put herself on Kelly's mailing list. She enjoyed what Kelly had to say, learned more about her practice, but didn't take action to actually buy anything from Kelly until an opportunity came up for Elise to conduct a few workshops with another colleague. Once she started working with Kelly, she confirmed that she was as knowledgeable and professional as she appeared in her newsletter. Kelly, with his professionalism, knowledge and proven marketing techniques turned Elise from being a random business owner into a raving customer. How did she do this?
- She knows and uses effective marketing techniques. Kelly has a web site that describes when she does. She publishes a newsletter, in which she shares useful information on public speaking, as well as keeps the readers informed about her expertise.
- She is consistent. Marketing is not a one time event; rather, it is a process. Kelly markets consistently - she publishes his newsletter on a regular basis, she uses her own web site, branding, articles, and many other techniques in order to get results.
- She is a professional who delivers results. When clients work with Kelly, she delivers the services and products she has promised.
So how can your business benefit from knowing about Kelly's marketing techniques? Over to you - let's take action:
- Learn about online customers and how they behave. It takes a few marketing techniques to turn a random web surfer into a raving customer. This week's lesson at MarketingSalad. com is all about turning your web site visitors into customers. Join us at MarketingSalad. com for immediate access to the lesson, as well as additional discussion on getting more online customers.
- Run your marketing campaigns on a consistent basis. One time advertising or marketing campaign is likely to bring in more web site visitors, but not very likely to bring in many long term customers. Whether you are publishing newsletter, refining search engine traffic or giving workshops to promote your business, it takes time for the campaigns to start bringing in a consistent stream of qualified buyers. Continue your marketing campaigns for a long enough time to see the results.
- Underpromise and overdeliver. Your marketing materials make promises to your customers. Whether it is fast results for people in your classes, a product at no charge with any coaching package purchased or a press release critique for new customers, make sure that you deliver MORE than your marketing materials promise. Doing this will result in customers who not only are happy with your services, but who will also promote your services to others.
Knowing who your customers are and delivering them what they want will help you fill up your practice with happy customers.