Drop and Gimme Ten!
Every one of us have dreams, desires and goals that we put on the shelf. In front of them are a litany of excuses -- but not one reason -- why they aren't being pursued. Here are among the most popular:
- I'm waiting for the kids to get out of school.
- I'm waiting for my tax return come in.
- I 'm waiting for just the right time.
- I'm waiting for the kids to go back to school.
It doesn't take a "social scientist" to prove that life is happening faster than ever before. So fast, that, if you leave your dreams and goals on the shelf too long, you're liable to sabotage your success and your destiny. Your dreams will collect so much dust, you won't even see them anymore!
You may have several excuses (a. k.a. "reasons") for what's separating you from your goals. However, these "reasons" have absolutely nothing to do with what's going on outside of your life, and everything to do with what's going on inside. What's holding you back from creating and experiencing the life of your dreams comes from the inside. From within, you have chosen to concoct a multitude of excuses and a barrier of fear. This is just enough to keep you from your destiny. Conversely, reasons with fire and a burning desire, will connect you to your destiny.
Ready to add life to your years? Then it's time to plan, and then do. Today is the day you take your dreams off of the shelf and remove all the dust, fear and doubt. Today is the day you run out of the excuses and into the reasons. Drop the excuses and gimme ten reasons to pursue your dreams, now! Need some help? Consider these:
- Because I was created with the Divine purpose to live life abundantly.
- Because I refuse to wait until I'm old, to be bold.
- Because it would be awfully painful to see my ideal future arrive without me.
- Because I work hard...dog-gonnit, I deserve to play hard!
- Because ten years is far too long, to still be talking about what I'm gonna do.
Powerful, compelling reasons give you both the "permission" to succeed, and the passion to plan. Reasons put the fire in your belly, pep in your step and give you steam for your dream. I discovered that many people have no reasons for achieving at all. Unbelievable! When there are no reasons; there are no dreams and goals. Where there are no dreams and goals; there is no vision...
"Where there is no vision, the people perish." - Proverbs 29:18
Take the time and write out your plans. Identify at least ten reasons for achieving your dreams and goals, today!